Collective2 is a Web site that tracks and evaluates over 12,000 automated trading strategies.
Now you can subscribe to any strategy on Collective2 and then place trades automatically in your FuturesOnline account!
You control how AutoTrading works. You specify which trading system(s) to follow. You specify the size of the trades. If you want to monitor the trading, you can use OEC Trader software. But of course there’s no need to run OEC Trader — or any other software on your computer — if you don’t want to. And set-up is easy: simply type your account number in the Collective2 Web site, choose the Collective2 trading systems to follow, and the rest happens automatically.
How Does It Work?
- The first step is to choose a trading system on Collective2 (C2). C2 offers several tools to help you choose from the thousands of trading systems it monitors. Below is a screen shot from C2’s System Finder feature.C2’s System Finder helps you quickly discover trading systems that match your individual trading style.
- After you choose a system, press the “AutoTrade” button. C2 will next lead you through the process of setting up your AutoTrade account.
- Finally, it’s simply a matter of telling Collective2 about your FuturesOnline account information.
To set up AutoTrading, just tell Collective2 four pieces of information: (1) which trading system to AutoTrade, (2) what kind of trades to place (i.e. futures or forex), (3) your FuturesOnline account number, and (4) how much money in your FuturesOnline account to use for the trading strategy.
Common Questions about Auto-trading
Which trading systems can I AutoTrade in my FuturesOnline account?
Any trading system that you see on C2 can be AutoTraded. Simply select the strategy and what assets you’re trading, then choose the appropriate account to trade in.
Can I select more than one C2 trading system?
Yes, you can select as many systems as you like, and allocate different amounts of trading capital to each system. In this way, you can create a trading-system portfolio.
How much does Auto-Trading cost?
Each trading system is managed by an independent trading system “vendor.” (It’s equally possible that a vendor might be a Ph.D. student at M.I.T, a computer scientist in Moscow, or a retired broker in Chicago.) Vendors determine the subscription price for each trading system they manage on Collective2. Prices range from $5 per month to $500 per month. The good news is that many trading systems on C2 offer free trial periods — so you can start Auto-trading the system without paying anything subscribe, and see if it works for you. You can signup for a 1-time 14day trial period for evaluating C2 accounts on the C2 website.There is a $1.99 fee (charged by Collective2) for each contract/side that is executed through AutoTrading.
Do I need to run any software on my computer? Do I need to keep my computer turned on? Do I need an always-on Internet connection?
No. Once you set up AutoTrading at the Collective2 Web site, and once you type in your FuturesOnline account number, everything else happens automatically. While you can certainly watch AutoTrading using your OEC Trader, there’s no need to run this or any other software. In fact, there’s no need even to turn on your computer. Everything happens automatically.
What if I decide that I don’t like AutoTrading? Can I turn it off?
Collective2 has an “emergency stop” button. Just press it, and AutoTrading will stop. Or you can call Collective2 on the phone.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the “Subscribe” form below to start the process
- Next, upon submitting the required information, C2 will be activated with your OEC Trader account. (OEC Trader account will be automatically created if you have not had one yet).
- Then, a set of instructions will be provided to assist you in downloading and installing the software.